- Category: General Dentistry
Root Canal Symptoms
- Persistent pain or discomfort in the tooth
- Sensitivity in the tooth to cold or hot foods or beverages
- Tenderness in the gums when eating
- Discoloration in the tooth
- Lymph node, jawbone or gum tenderness or draining.
If the dental pulp becomes infected or inflamed resulting from severe tooth decay, dental procedures are performed repeatedly on the tooth, or an injury is caused to the tooth such as a chip or crack, then endodontic root canal treatment is necessary. Endodontic root canal treatment can save most teeth.
Failure to perform a necessary root canal may result in the formation of an abscess, or an infected pus pocket near the end of the tooth root and cause pain. Even in cases where you don’t feel pain, the bone anchoring the tooth within the jaw may be damaged. Consult name ( Dentist) to find out what treatment plan is best for you.